Saturday, June 21, 2008

Layouts

Being new to blogging and its communities, I have to say that putting the link to my blog 'out there', for the first time, gave me pause. I was anxious! I had been playing around with a default template, spending hours changing the layout. 2 or 3 columns? Wide or narrow?

This doesn't even begin to address the number of different thoughts and such that will contribute to different posts. For years to come! I'm sitting here how I want it to look! Isn't that a wee bit backwards?

I"m not so sure of that. Today, perception plays a large(r) role. And at times the message really does get lost. Well, perhaps misplaced then. Something I'd been wanting to finalize was the What's been said..., section. I was comfortable with this area's positioning within the basic layout. I looked into a few different sites that provide content along the lines of just what I wanted this section to be about.

I've decided upon using my own (without necessarily being of my own) sayings/quotations (I have to say though that Robert at just-quotes.com is very helpful. If you need some content along those lines, visit his site). I think I want to keep this area mine.

I think I got the banner right though.

The layout may change somewhat over time, and maybe more often than not for the next while. But I'm looking at blogging with a sense of excitement and anticipation.

See you again soon.