Thursday, December 30, 2010

2011 is upon us and I resolve...

Dec 31 2005, I quit smoking. Was the 3rd time I'd done so, however, this time was different. This time I pigged out. Really pigged out. I mean REALLY REALLY pigged out to the point of gaining over 100lbs.

Though I thoroughly enjoyed all the pop/pizza/chocolate/chips/burgers and ice cream I'd devoured, my body was in full scale rebellion. Kidney stones and heart issues were the order of the day.

By years end I started smoking again.
Now, what to do about all the weight I'd gained.

On Dec 31 2008, weighing 335lbs I decided I'd procrastinated enough and vowed to lose the weight by the beginning of 2010.

It took me 18 months instead of 12 but, I did it. I did it naturally with only exercise and diet. When I say diet I'm not saying dieting, per se. I ate whatever I wanted, I just ate less.

Today, one day short of 2011 I am again 225lbs... and have no stretch marks! I can also see my toes (heck, I can TOUCH my toes). Not bad for an old guy.

Why the ramble?

Because I'm now on day 2 of not smoking.

See, by 2010 I'd wanted to have lost the weight and by 2011 I wanted to quit smoking, again. Though this time without gaining all that weight.

I want chocolate... argh!

I will resist, but I want it bad.

So then, do you resolve to better anything about yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment