Sunday, January 2, 2011

I heard a little girl...

What she said was something beautiful.

With those lyrics from My Friends as performed by the Red Hot Chili Peppers (youtube video here), I find myself thinking of My One Who Got Away.

Come up to meet you, tell you I'm sorry... you don't know how lovely you are.

Again, lyrics are front and centre in my mind. These from Coldplay's The Scientist (video posted on site here). With 2011 now underway I find myself alone again, and yet looking ahead with some measure of anticipation. There's a certain degree of concern associated with said anticipation as not only AM I alone but with Mom passing in 2009 my family has gotten smaller as well. My kids (about to be 22 and 19) are now out on their own and so my day to day life is simpler. Simple and quiet...

For a few months now my 'BEEN SAID' quote has been "Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." This has certainly been a central theme of mine of late. Still, the end of the beginning, right?

Is this 'the' reason I'm fixating on you?

No, I think not.

I'm thinking of you as I've no choice in the matter... I simply Love Her.

I sacrificed our relationship (so I keep telling myself) so's to deliver a much needed smack upside the head the likes of which she'd never before seen (or likely will ever again). I say 'keep telling myself' because a certain amount of disappointment and hurt are associated with that sacrifice. Ah, I'll leave this in greater detail for another ramble.

With that, I'll leave you with Creed performing My Sacrifice...



And that's all that needs be said, for now.

Love ya girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment